There isn't anything particularly different about me than there is you. I'm 23, almost 24, have a full time job that happens to be my dream job, a sweet baby boy and a very loving boyfriend. Can I tell you its about Divine Favor? There is most definitely nothing special about me. I have no hidden talents, can't carry a tune in a bucket, play very little piano, and my biggest hobby is sleep.
Around 6 months ago when The Lord laid it on my heart to start showing my friends, my family, my community, the world, a glimpse into my faith, I was dumbfounded. Being taught my entire life never to question God, there I sit; second pew back, right hand side of the church, dead center in the amen corner, I said it. I said, "God, why somebody ordinary like me?" He could have chosen anyone, but why me to bare my soul to the world? And how? With a work schedule like I have, I barely have time to be at home, let alone be somewhere else, sharing lessons and teaching people something that I really haven't completely figured out myself.
Then there was the acceptance. "Okay, Lord," I prayed; if that is your will, I will fulfill it. But you are going to have to show me how." Where am I supposed to broadcast this? Who should be my audience? What should I talk about? So I prayed, and I prayed, and I prayed. And here we are.
I'm now in the middle of a beautiful Bible Study by Beth Moore, called JESUS, THE ONE AND ONLY. It has completely opened my eyes to the idea of sharing my studies, and adventures of faith with friends, and family here on this blog. During the first few chapters it taught me a lot about Mary. I didn't know all that much about Mary, but I knew that she was Jesus' mother. Did you know she was maybe 13-14 at the time she told God that she would carry his ONE and ONLY Son? Suddenly, my problem and question of "Why somebody ordinary like me?" became a lot smaller. Mary was just an ordinary girl, and she was selected to bring Our Savior into this world. So surely, I can obey the word of God and share a little of my insight with you.
As far as looks go, this blog has TONS of work that needs to be done. But, first and foremost, I wanted to obey His Word and get it started. I hope everyone who decides to read gets exactly what He wants you to; after all, I'm just a messenger.
No comments:
Post a Comment