The devil gets no glory on this page. he isn't worthy of having a capital letter when I refer to him, even if it is at the beginning of a sentence, and that is just the way I see it. It took so much of me to post the link to this blog, knowing that I have had it since before the New Year, and that was one of my resolutions was to fulfill Christs' will in my life in bringing this blog to life. Which brings me to the pictures, I posted the link on Facebook just fine, reaching all of my college friends, family, high school friends, co-workers (past and present) and just like that; 150 views. Hi, y'all.
So, obviously I have an Instagram too, it fits better with life than Facebook, because its super easy to snap a quick picture and share it with all of my followers. The thing about Instagram is, I have more "not in real life" friends, than "in real life friends", as followers. These are my girls (all 900 +) who I have developed relationships with, some of which are actually closer than my in real life friends, make sense? I love social media for this reason (sorry babe), and that is why I am completely obsessed with Instagram, not to mention, I follow so many beautiful souls who have a heart for God. A simple post on there from them can be SO uplifting in times of need.
There are SO many more people I can personally reach on Instagram. With that being said, I also wanted to put this blog on my Instagram, which is no big deal. I made the post, and prepared to put the link on my bio, so that my followers could easily click, and BOOM, right here they would be. The devil had different plans in mind. Its been going on 4 hours since I posted the blog link on Facebook, and for the past 4 hours I have fervently tried to add my URL to my bio section on Insta. I've tried the computer, I've tried my Kindle, I've tried the Instagram app on my phone (I've even deleted and re-downloaded it!) and still, error message. Did I tell you I filed a ticket with Instagram? Does anybody see where this is going? Does anybody see where the devil (unfortunately) does have control over some aspects of your life? You have to to tell him to get behind you.
I could have said to myself, "Self, this is God's way of saying maybe blogging isn't the outlet he chose for you to bring this to life.", I could have stopped myself at that point and said that this wasn't it. I have prayed and prayed about this blog, and I am totally not someone who wants to THROW my life on the World Wide Web, but I TOTALLY am someone who wants to live in His mighty will, so I pressed on, and I'm laughing. I'm not taking this as sign that this isn't the way that The Lord wanted me to bring His Word, but I am SO on fire right now for the Lord and I'm already claiming all the GOODNESS this blog is going to bring, I pray it blesses every single individual that reads it, but if not it is blessing me! You have to claim your victory, even if that victory is something as simple as getting your blog URL on your Instagram profile.


No comments:
Post a Comment